Monday, May 18, 2015

Chapter Six:Home coming!

Going home again.
     A few months have passed since we brought Dad home and that was a surprising yet strange day for me at least.  Now begins our new journey that will lead me to either actually ending up in a padded cell or wishing I were in one.  Yeah, I said that same thing twice basically there but you know what is hard to see someone you care about not remember how to work simple things he's worked for twenty years and that part scares you for two reasons.  One reason is the realization his getting worse without any hope of getting better, two is that you see just how easily you can end up upon the same path as him.

     I never thought he would admit to being a burden on us and that he should have stayed in the nursing home/rehab facility.  When did things start going backwards?  How come I can not reverse  things to make them how they used to be?  Because the law of physic's says so and that stinks.  My Father and I may not have ever truly gotten along very well but that doesn't mean that I wished something like this to attack him.  It is a full blown attack upon him taking us as victims too.

     Words flow through the pages of time lasting longer than a single breath escaping thou lips.  A memory shatters when the words become broken upon the surface of our minds eye.  My heart skips a beat while trying to hold back a flood of tears.  How much more of this path can I take?  I don't know but I won't give up nor shall I leave you alone with this.  I hate thinking you should never have come home to us because you would be better off crossing over to the other side.  To be free from this disease would be wonderful but that isn't going to happen in my lifetime nor yours sadly.  Why do we walk these awful roads?  I shall never know because I am not meant to know the answer to that question right now.  How is it that we find ourselves seeking what is out of our reach?  I want to reach the unknown world and grab the cure for you and for Mom.  She has her husbands body home but his mind is never going to return to her as it once was.  It is hard breaking knowing that you both have been together for 53 years now and she is celebrating a anniversary you cannot remember.  I want to give her the best present ever which is a fully restored husband but I can only stand by her and your side as we continue to walk this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment